Barking and Dagenham School Improvement Partnership (BDSIP)
About the company
• A not-for-profit company, we are 81% owned by local schools and 19% by the
council; 56 of the 60 schools in the borough own a stake in the company.
• We are led by a Board comprising 6 headteacher directors, 2 council directors, a governor director, the Chief Executive, and 3 non-executive directors, including the Chair.
We provide a broad range of professional services to schools, including:
o Work Experience, Careers & Aimhigher
o School Improvement advisory support
o SEND and Inclusion advisory support
o Attendance advisory support
o Continuing Professional Development
o Governor services and training
o IT support and GDPR services
o Data services
o Emotional Wellbeing services
We also have the remit to develop a schools-led improvement system locally and we work closely with teaching schools and others to deliver this.
Working environment and culture
• As a relatively new organisation with an established customer base we are enjoying a period of rapid change and development as we create the culture and ways of working for our business.
• At the heart of this is a flexible, customer-focused approach which underpins growth in the breadth and clarity of our service offer to schools.
• Our work is guided by what’s best for the school, either delivering directly, brokering support from others, facilitating school-school support, or signposting as appropriate to meet each school’s needs. To do this we are building innovative partnerships with leading organisations across the country, ensuring we deliver the best possible support to our schools. This approach is articulated in our Trusted Partner Strategy 2020-23.
• Our most recent ‘temperature check’ survey of heads showed that 93% felt the services we provided were good or better. (We’re working on the other 7%!)
• We are delighted to be based at Coventry University’s fabulous campus in Dagenham – CU London, Rainham Road North, Dagenham, RM10 7BN.