Salary circa £27,244 per annum
Adecco Cheltenham are pleased to be recruiting on behalf of a leading organisation in the Gloucestershire area in their search for a Workshop Supervisor to join their Transport Services Department. The Workshop Supervisor will report to the Workshop Manager, and be responsible for the supervision of the fleet workshop and staff.
Key Duties will involve:
- Ensuring all fleet vehicles are serviced to a safe and cost effective standard, through the correct diagnosis of faults and the efficient repair using the appropriate parts.
- Directly managing the workshop staff, providing support, guidance and assistance and ensuring data logs are completed.
- Overseeing the department's compliance with policies, procedures and legislation (to include H&S, Environmental and Data Protection management).
- Organising the daily workload for the workshop and escalating any issues or concerns to the Workshop Manager.
- Ensuring that the maintenance of workshop tools and housekeeping is being performed to the required standard.
- Overseeing the battery store, ensuring batteries are charged ready for use.
- Working alongside the Workshop Manager to resolve any warranty issues and claims on a day to day basis.
- Liaising with the Workshop Manager to maintain staff training and development opportunities.
- Ad hoc tasks as required.
- Demonstrable experience in light vehicle diagnosis and repairs, with additional experience as a fully skilled auto-technician.
- Experienced in Gas, MIG and Arc welding.
- Trained to a minimum Modern Apprenticeship NVQ level 3 in Motor Vehicle Craft Studies (or equivalent).
- Good diagnostic skills in engine management systems, vehicle electrical systems and general mechanical principles plus experience in using computerised diagnostic equipment.
- Proven supervisory skills and experience, with the ability to motivate staff.
- Strong knowledge of Health and Safety within the workshop environment, preferably with certificated training.
- Good working knowledge of vehicle legislation concerning Roads Vehicles.
- It is desirable for candidates to be registered in the Department of Transport's list of approved vehicle testers (Mot).
- Possession of a full driving license that allows the holder to legally drive vehicles up to 7.5 tonnes is essential.
- Good administration skills required and computer literacy is preferred.
In return our client will offer a starting salary of £27,244. Our client may have flexibility in regards to starting salary - please state your requirements in your application if they differ from this minimum. Please note that security clearance will be required of the successful candidate; for these reasons we cannot accept applications from candidates who have been overseas for longer than 8 weeks in the last 5 years.
The deadline for applications is 19th March 2018, so if you possess the qualifications and experience specified please click apply or contact Trish at Adecco Cheltenham to avoid disappointment.
The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from all eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
Adecco is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- welding workshop transport fleet