Workshop Operative £19,760
Workshop Operative required for cutting and assembly of timber frame wall panels and floor components, you will be part of a new team working in both our client's workshop and on site
Our client's new workshop its taking shape and they need enthusiastic team members to help with the final aspects of setting up the benches, saws and storage areas. You will quickly move on to making of wall and floor components, which will include ensuring that specification, tolerances and accuracy are maintained. There will be times when you will be required, under supervision, to carry out carpentry work on one of our construction sites.
Woodworking machine training will be provided to the successful candidates and their swift but safe operation will be required in order to keep up with demand. Manual handling of heavy items is expected, so health and safety procedures must be adhered to at all times.
Workshop Operative Benefits/Hours:
- 25 days' holiday plus BH
- Ongoing training provided
- 8-4.30 Mon-Fri, 30 mins lunch and 15 mins paid break
A correct drivers license is essential
Any Forklift licence is essential - a top up course will be provided
Workshop Operative Reports to:
- Workshop Manager
Workshop Operative Key Accountabilities:
- Read delivery notes to ensure correct quantities.
- Using a 6.5 tonne lorry with a HIAB on a daily basis and keeping it maintained.
- Removal of joists and timber frame the lorry via the HIAB to be safely delivered to site.
- Safe and efficient use of the forklift.
- Working with paper picking list to obtain timber materials for the workshop.
- Unloading of timbers from delivery and storing in designation location.
- Read drawings accurately and efficiently.
- Use of woodworking machines to a safe working standard.
- Keep to our client's high working specification at all times during the manufacture of the timber frames.
- Keeping a clean and tidy working environment.
- Erecting timber frame panels on site.
- Checking and measuring at all times to make sure all items are correct.
- Work to deadlines.
- Ensure sites are well kept and left as a safe working environment.
- Ensure compliance with the Quality Management System at all times, keeping paper and electronic documentation, records and filing up to date.
- Operate with the highest regard to Health & Safety ensuring compliance with the Health & Safety policy.
- Other duties which may from time to time be required as requested by the Company Directors.
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 21 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.
- Fork Lift
- Forklift Operator
- Timber Frame
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job