Job Title: Workshop Engineer
Location: Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire
Our client is a leading provider of engineering solutions to their customer base throughout the UK. They’re now recruiting for a Workshop Engineer to join their team at their site in Sutton in Ashfield. The successful Workshop Engineer will carry out the repair, maintenance and replacement of customers’ supported products.
SALARY IS NEGOTIABLE DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, OVERTIME AVAILABLE, UNIFORM PROVIDED, COMPANY PENSION SCHEME, 28 DAYS HOLIDAY.
Workshop Engineer Responsibilities:
- Handling, stripping, cleaning, inspection and rebuilding of used components, mainly engines, to high standards.
- Test and evaluation of completed units to ensure customer satisfaction in line with company ISO 9001 and ISO14001 policies.
- Painting, palleting and shipping of completed units as required
- Support other workshop activities as and when required and you may be required to make yourself available for overtime.
Workshop Engineer Requirements:
- You must have a strong mechanical engineering background and hold a relevant Mechanical Engineering qualification (BTEC, City & Guilds, NVQ).
- Proven experience with engines and transmission systems.
- Strong fault finding and problem solving skills.
Workshop Engineer Benefits:
- Salary Negotiable depending on experience.
- Overtime Available.
- Basic hours are 40 per week.
- Uniform Provided.
- Pension Scheme.
- 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
NOTE - Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, British Army (REME Vehicle Mechanic) and Royal Air Force.