Benefits: This job includes:
- 22 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays,
- Workplace Pension and Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- IMI (ATA) Accreditation Support, through our Nationwide Academy
- Mobile Phone Discount Scheme and My Nationwide Car Scheme
- Tool Club
- My Nationwide Rewards, which includes discounts at Major supermarkets, High Street retailers, Travel & much more! Average saving is around £500 per year
The job of a Workshop Controller
As part of a team of specialistsyou be responsible for organising the Bodyshop by controlling the flow of work across the team in an effective, efficient and fair manner. You are also responsible for the inspection of damaged vehicles, costing all repairs. You will ensure all Bodyshop tools and equipment are in good working order, control all waste materials, power and control the heating, having overall responsibility for the security of the building and the equipment within it. The Workshop Controller is also responsible for quality and ensuring all job cards are completed correctly,
You will report into tour newly promoted General Manager, who has been at Nationwide for a number of years. She is as passionate about Customers as she is about her team and is absolutely determined to make her Bodyshop the best in group. We believe our people are central to our success!
What you will be doing
Our Bodyshop is fast paced and exciting with lots of opportunity to make an incredible difference and apply your expertise and skill. In the job of Workshop Contoller you will be undertaking the following duties:
- To inspect damaged vehicles and assess the full extent of the damage sustained, assess the cost of repair and time scales
- Organise the bodyshop by controlling job start and finishing times and to be aware of the status of each job at all times, conducting daily progress meetings with bodyshop team members and reporting unexpected delays to the General Manager
- Make sure all the bodyshop tools and equipment are in good working order, control all waste materials, power and control the heating, having overall responsibility for the security of the building and the equipment within it
- Ensure all job cards are completed corrected correctly and be ultimately responsible for shop floor discipline
- To liaise with all bodyshop Technicians and the Manager in respect of any quality issues
Another very important aspect of the job is teamwork as you will be working with other colleagues in the bodyshop as well as across other functional areas.
What we think good looks like
As a Workshop Controller we would like you to have an interest and passion in what we do. With a professional appearance we also require you to have experience of working as Bodyshop Controller, Workshop Manager or Quality Controller within a Car Dealership, Body Repairer or Crash Repair Centre. It is important for you to have knowledge of the automotive industry, be that dealership, accident repair, or sales.
Naturally, due to the nature of the job you will need to have a full UK/EU Driving Licence and the relevant qualifications for the job (ATA, NVQ Level 3, or City and Guilds as well as experience in the accident repair environment). We will help and support you with the rest
What happens next?
Press the Apply button now to start your application
Once you have applied for the job, we will initially consider your skills and experience based on your CV and application. If you match the job, we will be in touch with you to advise you of the next stage in the process.
Nationwide is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes all applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & YouTube to see our latest news, events and other job opportunities
Please note: On accepting an offer of employment with Nationwide, you are providing us with permission and consent to proceed with our reference and vetting process. Our offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and in some cases a criminal records check. We may require information that covers the last 6 years of your employment and personal history. You will be required to provide evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK. Please ensure you have this information available.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'