We are seeking a hands-on workshop controller to take all bookings for service & repair work through telephone or inspection schedules obtaining all necessary details in respect of work required, nature of problems and wherever possible identifying specific faults.
The role will require the successful candidate to control and maximise service & repair bookings, interpreting customer's requirements in a courteous and efficient manner to ensure that all resources available are used in completing the work schedule.
As a skilled mechanic you will be responsible for repairing and servicing motor vehicles of all types in accordance with Company standards in a safe and efficient manner. You will carry out repairs and servicing to the highest standard and appropriate specification. Similarly, you will test and diagnose faults, providing written reports on component defects and/or systems with impending failure. You will have excellent communication skills and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
Only vehicle technician's with appropriate hands on experience and qualifications in the motor industry, looking to step up to the next level should apply. In return, we offer excellent earning potential, a good bonus scheme and working practices.
Own tools required but a starter tool-kit can be provided
Purpose of Job
- Delivering outstanding customer service.
- Maximising volume to ensure profit and financial targets are met
- Co-ordinating and controlling the Autocentre work, offering assistance and support as required
- Ensuring the security of stock and monies, being accountable for any losses
- Maintain company house-keeping standards.
- Carry out repairs and servicing to the highest standards and to the appropriate specification
- Test and diagnose faults as requested
- Examine vehicles, recognise and provide a written report on vehicle (or component) defects or systems of impending failure
- Brand ambassador and role model
Mr Clutch is a national Autocentre network and is recognised as the leading clutch, brake, service, cambelt and MOT provider, with over 40 Autocentres throughout the UK.