Our people make all the difference
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
WE’RE GOING PLACES….
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
An exciting opportunity to join the Wholesale team!
Are you currently working in an AM role looking to move to a new part of the business to expand your knowledge?
It is a very exciting time to join the Wholesale team. Wholesale is the fastest growing channel within River Island, reaching new customers and working with key partners across the globe.
Joining the Wholesale team as an Assistant Merchandiser, you will make a vital contribution to the merchandising function from day one.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Relationships are key – within the team, RI and with existing partners
- Work with the Merch/JM to manage key accounts by analysing wholesale purchases and sales, monitoring performance and working with both pre-season buys and in season trade
- Attending wholesale buying meetings to ensure international requirements and opportunities are met.
- Work closely with the product team to ensure that wholesale ranges are balanced and represent the RI brand alongside optimising wholesale requirements
- Take ownership and accountability for updating all Key Documentation including WSSI and Range Plans
- Work closely with the RI owned Buying and Merchandising teams to manage the RI critical path alongside Partners
- Prepare analysis by department by partner for Quarterly reviews, Product Selection and Senior Management meetings within RI and with our partners
- Monitor competitor activity weekly across all key markets and feedback on key points
- Manage and develop the Allocation team
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
- A want to learn more about online within the UK and International
- Works well within a team
- Operating as an Assistant Merchandiser
- Analytical and Numerical
- Relationship building and strong communication skills
- Resilient and responsive to change
- Experience of managing, coaching and developing a team