The following job is no longer available:
Water Interruptions Coordinator
Water Interruptions Coordinator
As a Water Interruption Co-ordinator, you will be an integral part of the Water Interruptions team, specialising in low pressure to ensure regulatory compliance, customer satisfaction and meet internal and external reporting requirements.
Reporting to the Water Interruptions Manager, you will be an important member of the Water Interruptions team, working together on low pressure and supply interruptions. This opportunity will allow you to develop your career and be directly involved in process improvements.
Training and support will be given to enhance your knowledge of low-pressure incidents, the regulations and customer guarantee scheme (CGS) to enable you to become an expert and make recommendations to the business for improved quality of service to the customer.
This role requires a high level of coordination skills, managing multiple tasks and systems at one time.
- Review verifications for low pressure from the System optimisation team
- Analyse logger data to assess whether customers are receiving sufficient pressure
- Management of the low-pressure property register for the business
- Investigate relevant customer complaints and provide information to customer services relating to CGS requests.
- Provide advice and analysis to the Optimisation team in support of resolving low-pressure issues.
- Be involved in the implementation of process improvements in the low-pressure processes.
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team as well as independently
- The ability to manage an issue from discovery through to resolution
- The ability to work with developing processes
- The ability to liaise and engage at all levels
- You will ideally hold some technical experience using systems such as ECC, GIS and CRM however this is not essential, and training will be provided as required
- You will be experienced in using Microsoft packages and intermediate to advanced skills in Excel is essential
This is a specialist role in the reports team which will provide you with the opportunity to liaise regularly with other teams to gain a greater understanding of water networks and the link between reporting and network activities. You will be communicating at all levels and will be in a position to demonstrate your capabilities and credibility. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain a wider understanding of the business, working across several areas such as operations, customer service and management.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.? Remote working and flexible hours will be considered for the role.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer to leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying?2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.?
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'