This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Section Leader to join our passionate and knowledgeable Warehouse & Supply Chain team. This exciting role will see you control the activities of the Warehouse team in order to deliver on team KPI’s, utilising previous people management skills and knowledge of and experience with continuous improvement methodologies.
The Warehouse team consists of the Warehouse & Logistics Manager, who will be your line manager, and 5 loaders, who will report to you.
What will you be doing in the role?
In the role as Warehouse Section Leader you will;
- Manage the health, safety and environmental activities of the department, so that world class standards of health, safety and environment are achieved.
- Support delivery of departmental KPIs (Key Performance Indicators), including those relating to Customer Service Index (CSI) and quality.
- Ensure that stock levels are accurate (physical stocks reconcile with recorded stocks).
- Manage the movement of stock, ensuring high levels of accuracy, good stock rotation (FIFO) and ensuring stock is undamaged pre/post transit.
- Motivate, develop, organise, manage and encourage team working to ensure that departmental KPIs are met.
Am I what you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
For the Warehouse Section Leader specifically it is important that you have:
- At least five years’ experience in a similar role.
- Been fully trained in SAP or similar MRP driven software.
- Experience with all MS Office applications especially Excel.
- Previous experience of continuous improvement methodologies including 5’s is desirable.
What about the business you’ll be joining?
There are 32 fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. Regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for Isover - part of the Saint-Gobain group, producing glass mineral wool insulation. Isover manufacture environmentally sustainable glass mineral wool insulation for thermal, acoustic and fire safe solutions. We develop sustainable insulation solutions to protect both your built environment and the natural environment. Isover insulation warms and protects 1 in 3 homes in Europe and 1 in 5 in America.
Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What will you get in return?
As part of the wider Saint-Gobain group, Isover is able to offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package.
In addition, you will have access to a career without boundaries - this could see you progressing within Isover or in one of the other 30+ businesses in the UK. Progression in Saint-Gobain isn’t always upwards; talented employees also move into new and exciting functions or indeed overseas, to one of the 67 countries in which we operate.
The one thing you can be sure of is that you can have an exciting and varied career at Saint-Gobain, where only you set the boundaries to your success.
What do you need to do now?
We would love to hear from you. In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site.
We recognise the value of diversity and the talents that those from diverse backgrounds can contribute to our success. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and in particular we would like to welcome and attract more women into our business.
No Agency CV’s please.
Applicants must have eligibility to work in the UK (sponsorship is not available for this position).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job