A manufacturing/distribution business need a Warehouse Planning & Production Manager. Applicants need planning (materials, labour, machines), warehousing and leadership experience within a warehouse distribution, food or manufacturing environment.
The Warehouse Planning & Production Manager will set and execute business objectives in relation to customer OTD and budgets. Responsible for the flow of materials within the facility from goods in, through to final despatch. With 3 direct reports across Production Control, Operations and the Warehouse, the Warehouse Planning & Production Manager will have c35 indirect reports. This role would suit a change agent, with strong interpersonal and leadership qualities, with a desire to forge a progressive career across Operations.
Specific duties of the Warehouse Planning & Production Manager include:
- Achievement of customer OTD targets
- Fiscal control of budgets
- Create and implement labour plans / manning plans
- Create and implement machine plans
- Forecasting, capacity and trend analysis to plan production and level loads
- Lead weekly meetings with; purchasing, production, sales and management to review customer demand, stocks etc.
- Improve and monitor stock accuracy
- Ensuring warehouse team observe H&S compliance
- Undertake cost analysis and process improvement activities - seek to implement LEAN methodologies
- Provide strategic leadership and management to reports across; Production, Operations and Warehouse
- Foster excellent relationships with senior stakeholder community
Warehouse Planning & Production Manager applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Experience in the principles of; operations, warehouse management, stock management, planning, and production
- Excellent staff management, leadership and stakeholder engagement skills
- An appetite for change, process improvement, LEAN thinking and CI
- Experience in creating strategies and controlling budgets
- Experience in the use of an MRP/ERP system is advantageous
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
- Warehouse Management
- Production Manager