Warehouse Operatives / Supervisors / Managers
Location: Andover, Hampshire, SP10 3LF
Our Client is one of the largest privately managed logistics companies within the UK. A variety of roles have become available at different levels for Warehouse Operatives and Warehouse Supervisors.
The main purpose of the Warehouse Operative role will be to receive and safely store inward products and to pick and dispatch outward products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To safeguard customers products creating an environment that ensures customers can rely upon safe storage and timely dispatch of raw and finished goods placed in our care
- To always work in a way that safeguards both your personal safety and the safety of all who work in the warehouse
- Accurate completion of all paperwork required to run the contracts with our customers to their complete satisfaction
- Unpacking and packing of customers products
- Storage and dispatch of raw and finished products
- Other tasks in support of the warehouse operation as directed/requested
- Responsible for highlighting any potential quality issues, including hygiene and damage issues to your manager
- Completion of necessary process control and quality documented records, in a timely manner (QC Checks)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The ability to safely operate warehouse equipment including pallet trucks and fork lift vehicles
- Basic PC literacy and the ability to use the systems applicable to the warehouse of the capability to use them after suitable training
- Knowledge of the safe systems of work specified for the warehouse and of the Health and Safety policies and procedures that apply to the company premises and its operations
- Ability to work in a small team and with minimal supervision to consistently produce results that hit the targets agreed with our customers or set by the company
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Willingness to participate in other development and training opportunities
- To understand the need for, and always use the Safety equipment provided
- The possession of a valid Fork Lift drivers Licence is desirable however, if you do not have a valid Licence the ability to pass a test will be essential
Hours of work:
Day shift: 06:00 - 14:00 / 14:00 22:00 rotating on a weekly basis
Night Shift: 22:00 - 06:00
Rate of Pay for Warehouse Operatives:
Day shift: Between £8.37 - £9.26 per hour depending on the role
Night Shift: Between £9.37 - £10.31 per hour depending on the role
If you have managerial or supervisory experience your application will also be considered the Warehouse Team Leader / Supervisor / Manager roles.
If you require any further information, please contact Emma Wood at or .