Job Title Waking Night Support Worker
Location Plymouth, Devon, PL4
Hours Full time
Information This role is shift work, full UK licence is desired not essential.
Please note that for this service we can only consider female applicants (exemption is claimed under the Equality Act 2010 Part 1 Schedule 9).
In a world of uncertainty care is the one industry that will always be needed so help us to help you.
Achieve together are taking the current climate very seriously and your safety as well as the people we support, is of the upmost importance, with this in mind Achieve together are offering telephone and video interviews to ensure social distancing.
Work with us!
Achieve together want you to have fun at work and make things happen for the people we support. We value everyone and we want brave people to help the people we support work towards achieving independence and reaching their goals. Achieve together is one of the UK’s leading providers of support for people with learning disabilities, autism and associated complex needs.
If this sounds great to you…then you’re just what we’re looking for and we’d like to hear from you!
What do our Waking Night Support Workers do?
Supporting someone isn’t just personal care; it’s so much more. As a Waking Night Support Worker you will be expected to ensure the safety of the people we support and to ensure people are supported to gain a good night’s sleep, monitoring any concerns in relation to disturbed sleep patterns and following relevant support plans designed to promote sleep and wellbeing.
You will need to remain awake whilst on shift and will need to maintain a high standard of housekeeping. Waking night staff are required to undertake a variety of domestic work, cleaning.
Sleeping on duty is not permitted at any time.
Our Waking Night Support Workers are focused on active listening, meaningful engagement and ensuring people lead full, healthy and active lives.
If you would like to know more details about the role please click the job description below.
What experience do you need?
You don’t need to have experience to be a good Waking Night Support Worker. If you are caring, kind and want to work in a job that is genuinely rewarding, this is for you.
You’ll need to have great communication skills and be comfortable making decisions. A basic level of English and Maths is also required.
We have plenty of previous successful applicants from a variety of backgrounds and job roles including; Waking Night Care Assistant, Support Workers, Carers, Care Workers, Domiciliary Care Workers, Health Carers, Health Care Assistants, Residential Care Workers, Retail, Hospitality, Warehouse, Sales Assistant, Driver, Receptionist, Administrator, so if your background is or isn’t in care and you want to make a difference apply today!
What are the Benefits?
- Structured and supported induction to get you off to a flying start, including welcome days hosted by your Operations Director
- Career development pathways to support you to explore your potential and achieve your ambitions
- Fully funded qualifications to support your professional development
- Full ongoing learning and development opportunities by our in-house team and external specialists
- Discounts platform for permanent staff, including gift cards, discount codes and other benefits
- Pensions – we contribute to your retirement fund
- Refer a Friend bonus scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Employee of the Month Awards
- Annual Staff Awards
- Lots of opportunities to attend company-wide activities and days with the people we support
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for help with financial, physical and mental wellbeing
- DBS checks and clearances paid for by Achieve together
Want to know more?
Email us at or call us: or find us on Facebook.
*We reserve the right to close this advert before the closing deadline if we interview and offer the right candidate. Apply now to avoid disappointment.*
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'