Are you a night owl?
We are looking to recruit Waking Night Support Workers to join our dedicated team of support staff in our Witham Service.
You will be supporting adults with a learning disability across our residential and support living services. The people we support are looking for waking night support workers to provide them with support through the night.
The people we support enjoy their bedtime routine which could vary from watching films, reading, singing songs or even just relaxing from their busy days. When they are fast asleep you will be completing light domesticated duties such as ironing, cleaning, checking finances, cashing up and other household chores.
The best thing about being a support worker is that anyone can do it, as long as you have a positive mind-set and are attentive at all times. In return for your hard work we will support you through our award winning training to help you progress in your career with us!
Within the additional information section, we have included profiles for some of the services you may work across. This will give you a better understanding of the role requirements.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Job Reference: 9804
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high-quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
In return for your hard work and passion we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job