Our client, an ever-evolving automotive manufacturer with an impressive heritage and truly exciting future, is currently looking for a unique individual with a structured and methodical approach. Working within a small, specialist team to virtually interrogate future model designs to assess the serviceability and feasibility for service repair processes. The successful candidate will take pride in working on whole vehicles belonging to two of the world’s most iconic brands.
As a company that is passionate about engineering, our client continually pushes the boundaries of innovation and redefines the benchmark for excellence. We’re therefore looking for a likeminded individual who will strive for excellence and be an advocate of the brand.
The purpose of Service Evaluation Repair Process Engineer (SERP) is to examine design models on new vehicle programmes for potential serviceability issues and to create labour times to support issues and service requirements.
This role is looking to the future; with the use of Virtual Reality headsets to assist in feasibility assessments, use of latest vehicle technologies and exposure to the latest designs, the successful candidate will join a proactive team with a methodical approach to assessing and examining to ensure serviceability issues are raised, developed and rectified in a thorough and timely fashion. Candidates with the right knowledge and attitude can benefit from full internal training to develop into a highly experienced SERP Engineer with long-term opportunity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
- Examine design models on new vehicle programmes for potential serviceability issues
- Work closely with service representatives to feedback potential serviceability issues to the vehicle programme team
- Carry out digital tool feasibility assessments
- Carry out withdrawal path feasibility assessments
- Carry out vehicle component removal feasibility assessments in the Virtual Innovation Centre
- Where feasibility issues arise, the SERP (Service Evaluation Repair Process) Engineer is required to communicate with specific product development teams to recommend changes and validate proposals
- Create labour times to support issues and service requirements
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED;
- Hands on vehicle experience is essential
- Extensive knowledge of whole vehicle maintenance & repair
- Good working knowledge of vehicles, vehicle systems/diagnostics and an understanding of the latest vehicle technologies
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written is essential
- Strong customer service skills
- Flexibility & ability to work in fast moving/changing environment
- Natural problem-solver with the ability to work proactively both individually or as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is essential
Monday-Friday 8am - 4pm