Vendor Quality Technician
The Quality Department is instrumental in ensuring that we deliver our full range of safety products to the required quality standards. This team works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to across the supply chain to ensure all quality procedures and policies are adhered to, enabling the delivery of the highest quality products to our customers: on time and without the need for any returns.
Main Objectives of Role
- Ensuring the quality of product received meets the needs of the business both in terms of physical product and documentation
- Responsible for keeping all gauges and test machines used for monitoring quality calibrated and properly maintained
- Ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the Quality Management System
- Supply of data/metrics to be used in communication with all staff, including management, on 'out of box’ performance, repeat issues, corrective and preventive actions etc.
- Professional handling of both internal and customer quality issues in accordance with company procedures
- First line investigation of vendor quality issues, including completion of reports as required
- Working closely with colleagues in supply chain to ensure all appropriate quality procedures and escalation processes are applied to enable speedy resolution of issues
- Maintain work area, including tools, equipment and storage protocols in line with 5S
- Able to work efficiently and effectively, using initiative to make reasoned decisions, as well as an excellent team player
- An organised and methodical approach to work
- Able to juggle competing priorities to achieve tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- A positive change management attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to produce clear and succinct written reports about product quality issues
- Confident to communicate professionally with suppliers via email and phone
Qualifications & Skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio and PowerPoint
- High level of written and Oral English communication skills
- Ability to read engineering drawings and understand the impact of defined standards on the product to be inspected
- Goods Inward inspection experience & Knowledge of lean manufacturing and Six Sigma tools and methodology desired
- BTEC L2+ or similar in Engineering
- Ideally having experience of ICQ
- Experience of working in a highly regulated industry desirable.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
- Communication Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Follow Instructions
- MS programs
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job