At McLaren Automotive our vision is not only to become the iconic sports car manufacturer but also to deliver breath-taking, iconic and innovative new technology to the automotive industry.
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our world class employees. It is our mission to become the employer of choice within the global automotive industry.
Purpose of the Role:
Leading a team of Warranty Engineers, representing the voice of the customer within McLaren Automotive Limited’s Operations team. Review all Warranty claims received from the global dealer network, lead internal investigations, ensure immediate containment, and identify opportunities for product improvement either in process, material, or design.
- To champion the attainment of Customer Quality business imperative
- Lead daily reviews of all Customer Quality concerns with Engineering, Operations and Quality teams
- To lead a team of engineers, providing coaching, supporting career development and taking responsibility for performance reviews bi-annually.
- To set agenda and collate business feedback of all Customer Quality concerns to Executive level weekly review
- Communicate product field performance to wider business daily
- Support and promote McLaren Track 22 business plan at all times
- Work to develop, or source, a predictive analytics system to identify future cost or Quality opportunities
- To work closely with the McLaren Product Audit (MPA) team and the Quality Operations team to ensure concerns are identified in process and do not reach the customer.
- To continually monitor and review existing operational containments remain effective and promote development to full countermeasure
- Business ownership of Quality reward scheme (known as Gatekeeper)
- To work with future engineering project teams to ensure 'lessons learnt’ are carried forward to future McLaren vehicle launches
- Take an active role in the continuous improvement of the Warranty and Concern department
- Lead by example and ensure that whole team work within the McLaren Automotive Ltd 'Health and Safety policy’ at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A degree in Engineering, or Mathematics & Statistics would be beneficial
- Experience of working within in a manufacturing driven environment.
- People management experience, able to provide clear expectations, review progress and provide constructive feedback
- Experienced user of Quality improvement and Lean tools
- Project Management skills are essential, ideally a Prince 2 practitioner
- Experience of leading cross-functional teams
- Demonstrative strategic planning skills in the short, medium, and long term
- Good level of knowledge for Microsoft Office packages (Excel, PowerPoint, CRM etc.)
- Confident in public speaking, delivering presentations and leading meetings
- Experience working within a TS16949 business system
- Experience working with a ISO14001 controlled environment
- High attention to detail and quality standards is vital
- The ability to interact positively with other people and teams
- Build strong relationships by being helpful, respectful, approachable, and supportive
- A results-orientated individual who works hard to achieve all targets
- Must be able to generate enthusiasm and motivate others
- Be a creative thinker (developing ideas and communication tools)
- Must be receptive to change and confident to question the status quo
- Commitment and drive to succeed
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business.
- Be able to 'open doors’ and develop cross functional relationships
- Demonstrates a willingness to achieve targets & deadlines whatever it takes.
- Must be able to make decisions and expedite action from the wider business
- Perform in an environment of continuous improvement.
For this role we offer a competitive package including private healthcare, access to an executive car scheme, company pension scheme and the chance to work in a truly unique environment.
All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some less major duties allocated to the post holder, nor cover duties of a similar nature, commensurate with the role, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.
If you are passionate about pushing the boundaries of processes and technologies and have an entrepreneurial mind-set, join us at the heart of an exciting journey apply now to be part of cutting edge pioneering projects.