Vehicle Fitter / Examiner FITEX034
Aspire Defence Services Limited is working alongside the Ministry of Defence, the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and our partners to deliver a modern, fully serviced, flexible living and working environment across the four garrisons in Aldershot and Salisbury Plain for over 18,700 soldiers. If you would like to be part of this exciting, thriving organisation, please see our website at www.aspiredefence.co.uk for current vacancies.
Currently, we are recruiting for the following:
Purpose. Provision of Full 1st Line Equipment Support (ES) Workshop throughput, including; Vehicle/Equipment inspection, failure diagnosis, repair, maintenance and modifications all to high quality standards, and completion of all associated documentation (both MIS based and/or Hard copy).
* Undertaking and allocated management of Transport services, Equipment Support /Equipment Care administrative and 1st line throughput systems and processes.
* Use of Business/Customer Management Information Systems in provision of Equipment Support functionality.
* Completion and allocated management of all Business and/or customer associated documentation, reports, returns in line with policies, procedures and processes.
* Maintenance and security of all issued tools, equipment and PPE.
* Safe operation of all associated workshop equipment and tools.
* Prepared for outside and off site work, and where required out of core hours.
* Carry out other relevant duties as required in direct support of the contract as required by Line Management chain.
Experience & Skills Required:
* A recognised Qualification in Automotive Engineering: - City & Guilds Level 1,2 & 3 (or BTEC/IMI/NVQ Equivalent)
* Hold current DVSA Inspections Qualification and/or MOD Authorised Inspector Vehicles Qualification (D827)
* IT Literacy, including Authority JAMES and MS Office (Word, Excel, Out-Look)
* Full Clean Driving Licence
Closing Date: 13 April 2018
If you are interested, would like further information and to apply please do not hesitate to contact Daniel Pyle at Gi Group on and email your CV