UPS Customer Engineer
Region Covered: UK
You will be primarily responsible for startups, maintenance, and emergency repairs for UPS, battery, power distribution, and site monitoring equipment. Your secondary responsibility will be to establish, promote and maintain excellent rapport with all customers, salesmen, distributors, and others within the area, while maintaining active and open dialogue with the service direction team.
Customer Focused Delivery
- Respond appropriately, in a timely manner and professionally to all service calls while on duty. You will leverage your expert knowledge of UPS, Batteries, Power Distribution and Site Monitoring equipment to deliver excellent customer experience and service. You will have the opportunity to attend customer meeting when necessary as well as provide technical recommendations to clients and colleagues where appropriate.
Regulatory, Process and Health & Safety Excellence
- You will be an expert in current Health and Safety legislation to ensure that our clients, but more importantly you are safe while attending calls. Ensure that all ISO 9001:2000 agreed processes are followed. Timesheets and customer task.
A Member of the Team
Working with my client you won’t just be a member of the UPS customer engineer team but a member of the company’s team – they work together to reach and exceed our client’s expectations. You’ll deliver towards this with your technical expertise – support UPS customer team members with best practice or innovative solutions. Being part of the team also means sharing important information about potential Sales and Service leads to our product and service teams respectively.
Our clients expect their systems to operate 24/7, and expect our critical infrastructure to do the same, therefore a reasonable amount of night and weekend work is required but we make this fair and equitable so that everybody ‘shoulders their corner’ of the responsibility.
You also need to ensure that any activity, task and responsibility required by during your employment in this role, in terms of the International Trade Compliance Regulations, is managed and performed in full compliance with the company’s ITC certification program itself
- HNC/HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a technical service or test environment of Electrical/Electronic equipment essential UPS preferred or associated industries i.e Power Electronics.
- Computer Literate (All office associated programs such as, word, excel, outlook).
- Previous field service experience essential.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-starter, ability to plan, organize and manage time effectively with an ability to work under pressure.
- Clean, Valid driving license.
- There will be after hours (post 17:00) and weekend shift requirements, sometimes at short notice.
- Daily travel to and from customer sites.
- Occasional requirements to work on client sites away from home (Expenses paid).
- Occasional heavy lifting required (In line with Health and Safety guidance).
- Participate on the 24/7 on call rota rota.
- Opportunities for international travel.
- You’ll get your own stash of exclusive uniform including PPE kit which must be warn at all times while working.
- Company car/Laptop/Mobile phone supplied.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job