Tutor - Art Part Time
Please be aware that this is a part time position for approximately 4 hours per week. Due to high demand we are expanding the current provision so there may be more opportunities for additional hours moving forward.
Part time sessional tutor required to plan, prepare, teach and assess a variety of art, drawing and painting courses. The successful candidate will be required to teach one evening per week.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Motivate and inspire learners to promote achievement and develop their skills to enable progression
* Plan and deliver effective learning programmes for diverse groups or individuals in a safe and inclusive environment, following ACL safeguarding procedures
* Promote the benefits of technology and support learners in its use
* Address the mathematics and English needs of learners and work creatively to overcome individual barriers to learning
* Enable learners to share responsibility for their own learning and assessment, setting goals that stretch and challenge
* Apply appropriate and fair methods of assessment and provide constructive and timely feedback to support progression and achievement
* Maintain and update your teaching / training expertise, vocational competence and digital skills
* Contribute to organisational development and quality improvement through collaboration with others
* To initially assess learners' starting points and monitor their progress, set challenging tasks and objectives, and build on and extend learning for all learners.
* To support learners to develop personal, social and employability skills in order for them to progress into further learning or jobs that meet local and national needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Subject specific qualification or relevant industry experience
* DTTLS/PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification
* Level 2 qualifications in maths and English
* Good ICT skills
* Commitment to continued professional development within the ACL Service.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://benefits)
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on *
*Calls to this number are charged in the same way as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02, please check with your service provider
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- Adult learners
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"