Worldwide Travel Consultant required for this leading, Glasgow-based travel company.
This is a genuinely fabulous opportunity to join this hugely successful, growing travel company located in central Glasgow. This company offer tailor-made, luxury worldwide travel & tours.
Key responsibilities include:
* Answer inbound calls from Travel Agent partners efficiently and effectively providing first class customer service.
* Maximise sales by ascertaining client needs and offering an informed, courteous service, always exceeding customer expectations.
* Promote and sell tailor made holidays in order to meet clearly defined and established targets.
* Offer expertise, advice and knowledge to the Travel Agent partners about destinations including airlines, ground arrangements, sightseeing tours, etc.
* Provide packages that are "tailor-made" to suit the individual needs of our clients.
* Seek appropriate guidance and advice as required from the Team Leader.
* Become fully knowledgeable about the products and services offered, while utilising the key destination knowledge to help guarantee successful and profitable relationships with our Travel Agent partners.
* Remain flexible to business needs, including multi-tasking.
* Ensure that all destination knowledge is shared with the wider team to allow a better understanding of the geographical area.
* Amend existing bookings, by request.
* Provide accurate information to our Travel Agent partners on amendment and cancellation fees.
* Take payments and confirm bookings.
* Problem solve to address any concerns our Travel Agent partners may have.
* Add additional services to bookings as per Travel Agent requests.
* Take advantage of opportunities and up-sell whenever possible.
* Maintain excellent working relationships with all departments.
* Become fully knowledgeable about the products and services offered.
The ideal candidate will be suitably experienced, passionate about progressing in their travel carer.
You will demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, Good IT skills and remain enthusiastic & self-motivated.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to inspire confidence and develop rapport with Travel Agents and colleagues, be able to multi-task and be able to work well in a busy environment.
Most importantly you will demonstrate your genuine passion for the travel industry.
It is an advantage to have knowledge of GDS, to have travelled personally, have sales experience and to have studied travel - advantages but not essential.
There is a competitive basic salary on offer with commission, bonuses and personal benefits package in addition.
This is genuinely a fantastic opportunity to join this award-winning business, being part of their ongoing success and progressing, personally & professionally.
If you're keen to be considered for this excellent position, please call Christine on or send your CV to me on
- travel consultant
- travel agent
- tour operator
- travel advisor
- travel jobs
- tour operations
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job