A great career development opportunity for an experienced Tax Director or Partner in an award winning corporate finance firm.
This CF Boutique is a leading independent corporate finance practice who specialise in advising ambitious entrepreneurial businesses. We operate from offices in the Thames Valley in beautiful and friendly surroundings, with excellent transport links into Reading, and in the heart of London near Bank station. Our award winning team enjoys a consistent and quality deal flow with an exceptional track record of completing transactions typically in the £5m to £50m deal size range. Our reputation has been recognised by winning numerous awards including 'Due Diligence Team of the Year' and 'Deal of the Year’ at the 2017 Thames Valley Deals Awards and finalists for "Corporate Finance Team of the Year". When recruiting, we look for the right kind of attitude to work and life, the aptitude to learn, develop and take responsibility.
To provide specialist tax support to the partners on lead advisory and transaction support projects. Provide tax advisory services to PE investors, private individual investors, shareholder/directors as follows:
- Provide tax advice on corporate finance transactions including share sales, company purchases and corporate reorganisations. Advice re tax implications for shareholders, investors and employees, availability of tax reliefs. Corporate tax structuring advice for Newcos;
- Clearance applications to HMRC. Review and comment on legal documents;
- Employment related securities advice;
- Advice on EIS/SEIS/VCT status, advance assurance applications, structuring to achieve reliefs;
- Structuring employee share incentive schemes including identifying the preferred scheme, provision of valuations, share scheme rules and ancillary documents;
- Other tax advisory work such as demergers, company own share purchases, group restructurings, asset or funds extractions, EBT advice and share valuations;
- Tax due diligence reviews and report writing;
- Provide advice on ad hoc projects referred by lawyers and other professionals;
- Write articles for local business magazines and present at seminars.
This role offers a high degree of autonomy as the sole tax practitioner in the partnership.
The successful candidate will be a high performer with a strong academic background and ACA qualified with at least five years relevant experience within a Top 20 accountancy practice. Experience of UK private equity transactions and acting for owner managed businesses is highly desirable. We are looking for strong technical skills combined with the commercial flair to apply to various types of transactions. Communication skills will include verbal and written acumen along with the ability to build relationships based on trust with a wide range of people including business owners and senior professionals. Working as part of a small growing team with a strong and consistent deal flow and working closely with highly experienced Partners, there will be the opportunity to gain significant transactional tax experience within a corporate finance environment and enjoy continued career progression.