The Emerald Group has an outstanding reputation as a leading provider of search & selection recruitment to the Actuarial, Pension & Financial Services professions. Due to our success and the expansion of our divisions, we are currently seeking to employ Trainee Recruitment Consultants at all levels for our office in Basingstoke.
About the Job:
Recruitment is a very rewarding and satisfying job, it is made up of many different elements and a successful consultant requires many different skills. Typical work activities of a specialist recruitment consultant include:
* Headhunting - identifying and approaching suitable candidates;
* Reviewing applications, managing interviews and considering candidates and shortlists;
* Identifying and evaluating employers'recruitment needs
* Using marketing and business knowledge to extend company contacts
* Negotiating terms of employment and fees with the client
* Canvassing (cold-calling) employers by telephone to establish new contacts and their recruitment requirements
* Documenting clients' details and vacancy requirements in a brief
* Clarifying and negotiating salary and benefits relating to the role
* Monitoring candidates once placed;
* Maintaining current records and personal statistics for review against performance targets;
* Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and candidates to ensure future or repeat business.
Essential skills for a successful Specialist Recruitment Consultant:
* Degree educated (or equivalent) would be ideal
* Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
* Confident telephone manner
* Pro-active nature with drive and determination to succeed
* Self motivated
* Target driven with a positive attitude to selling
* Committed and Professional
The Emerald Group offers a generous financial package as well as a great deal of autonomy and the opportunity to take your career to another level. We strongly believe in the development of our people and encourage new ideas thus enabling the continued success and growth of the company. In order to be successful in this role you will have or be willing to develop your networking skills and business relationship building skills. You will need to be able to think on your feet and make decisions quickly in order to operate within this highly competitive industry.
In line with our entrepreneurial spirit, new divisions and teams have been set up by consultants who approach our management team with new business ideas. All you have to do is put together a business plan and prove that you can make it happen!
It is also not unusual for people to move around within our organisation, either from team
to team, or from office to office, so for successful Consultants who fancy working abroad you can look at opportunities within our other offices in Germany, Switzerland, Singapore, Hong Kong or Sydney.
What The Emerald Group Ltd offers
* Basic salary + OTE
* A leading and tangible commission structure paying up to 40% of billings
* Group Pension & Healthcare
* 20-30 days holiday
* Hours of work: 9.00am - 5.30pm Mon-Fri
* Flexible work ethic
- Business Development