Salary £17,000 - £25,000 DOE
Clifton Shard are working exclusively with successful Groundworks company in Reading who work on commercial groundworks projects ranging in size from £50k to £10 million. The majority of their work is down to repeat business with a number of major construction companies including Balfour Beatty, Wates Construction, Keepmoat and ISG. They undertake a wide variety projects within civil engineering, ground work and small demolition projects.
Due to their continued success and ongoing work they are now seeking a Trainee Quantity Surveyor to work on commercial projects throughout the South.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist Senior Surveyors with taking off materials for ordering purposes
- Managing Sub-Contractors
- Visiting Projects on a weekly basis and submitting valuations and subsequent client meetings to maximize value
- Assist with general office and procurement administration
- Liaise with the estimating department
To be considered for the role you must have either a HNC in Quantity Surveying, or two years industry experience as well as the following:
- Full UK Driving license
- Strong computer and IT package skills
- Commercial acumen
- Problem solving ability
- Able to manage multiple tenders at one time
- Good communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is keen to build a career in Quantity Surveying. My client is a growing company so there is real opportunity to make a difference and become a valued employee. There is also the opportunity for additional training including day release for university, to be discussed after probation.
If you are interested, please apply online today and we will be in touch within 2 working days to discuss your application. If you would like to discuss the opportunity before applying, please contact Lisa Tancock who will be happy to answer any questions you have.