Our client is a market leading manufacturer of premium and high performance rigid insulation products and insulated systems for building fabric and building services applications. Manufacturing excellence, first class customer service and unrivalled expertise in meeting the needs of the market are just some of the many strengths that the company offers.
An opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Purchasing Co-Ordinator within the Commercial Department. You will provide assistance to other members of the Purchasing Team whilst learning the role and progress to become a Purchasing Co-Ordinator once suitably qualified within 24 months.
About the Trainee Purchasing Co-Ordinator role:
Your main role will be to liaise with both customers and suppliers to discuss and agree final specifications for their external joinery, roof-lights, and 2nd fix package to the point of customer ‘Sign-off’, then to pass over for Purchasing to place the appropriate compliant purchase orders. As their Trainee Purchasing Co-Ordinator you will be required to protect the company position and improve the profitability of the business.
Tasks and Responsibilities as their Trainee Purchasing Co-Ordinator will include:
• Co-ordinate and lead meetings with customers and suppliers in line with the Contracts Planner, to enable orders to be placed by the necessary deadlines to ensure materials are available for delivery to meet the customer’s build programme.
• Liaise with Sales Consultants & Contracts Managers.
• Maintain, develop and nurture relationships with suppliers.
• Assist the Divisional Buyer as required in sourcing any new or alternative joinery, roof-light or 2nd fix package suppliers.
• Assist with placing, amending, chasing and receipting orders on the Purchase Order system, where required.
• Assist with raising enquiries, and collation & analysis of quotations where required.
• Assist with monthly stock-take count and/or costing where required.
• Assist where necessary with audits.
• Liaise with customers to confirm content of weathertight packages.
• Prepare and send enquiries for erector and roofer packages, and assist with placing orders for same.
• Adhere to company policies and rules to ensure compliance
Do you have the skills that they are looking for? If so, click apply now to be considered as their Trainee Purchasing Co-Ordinator!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'