Trainee Mechanical/ Electrical Engineer
Kirkby, Nottinghamshire, East Midlands
Permanent, Full Time - 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Our client is a market leader in the design and manufacture of bespoke, plastic injection moulded packaging solutions.
They have an enviable reputation for flexibility and innovation and they are trusted by many well-known brand owners and own label fillers as an essential part of their packaging NPD process.
The Company has ambitious growth plans, which will be realised by local sales growth and further acquisition.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Engineer who is looking to develop their skills, knowledge and experience whilst working for a progressive company.
An opportunity has arisen for a Trainee Mechanical / Electrical Engineer within their Maintenance Department.
Reporting to the Maintenance/Engineering Team Leader you will assist in the repairing and maintenance of injection moulding machines, robotics, printing labelling equipment and all ancillary equipment used on site.
- Carrying their routine maintenance on all production equipment
- Identifying faults on production equipment and rectifying.
- Installation / relocation of new and existing machinery as required.
- Programming and parameter changing of robotic equipment to suit moulding process
- General factory maintenance, including regular testing of fire sprinkler systems and fire alarm systems
- Maintain and test water systems on site to ensure compliance with current legislation.
- To present and promote an appropriate public image in representing the Company.
To be considered for this role, applicants must be able to display the following skills and attributes:
- Practical experience within an engineering or workshop environment.
- Familiarity with packaging industry and its demands (desirable but not essential).
- Sound knowledge and understanding of fault finding / testing equipment.
- Be able to understand technical information including electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic circuits.
- An understanding of the injection moulding process (desirable but not essential).
- Must be able and willing to follow instruction and learn new tasks.
- Familiarity with programming and parameter changing of robotic equipment to suit moulding processes.
- Working towards NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Ability to attend work at the required times.
Trainee Mechanical/Electrical Engineer Benefits
- Group Pension Scheme
- Profit related pay
If you feel you are suitable for the Trainee Mechanical/Electrical Engineer role, please apply now!
The closing date for completed applications forms is Friday 30th March 2018.
They are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, marital status, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Trainee Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electronic Engineer, Maintenance Engineer