EXCITING OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE!!
We are currently looking to recruit a Trainee Design and Development Engineer to work for one of our key clients based in the Chesterfield area.
Pay rate is £7.50 per hour.
Temporary to Permanent.
- To design and develop new company products from enquiries to production and to liaise with customers, purchasing, production and any other relevant department during the design period.
- To effect the repair of all company products as necessary.
- To assist in all other matters related to production as required.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To consider the use of new materials and techniques during the pre-liminary stages of design.
- To create objectives for a new design by analysing customer requests and company provisions.
- To ensure that all designs comply with statutory requirements, including Health and Safety.
- To generate drawings and specifications to a standard that allows easy use in purchasing and production functions.
- To consider tolerances in order that the required quality is gained, but not at a more stringent level than necessary.
- At all stages of development to ensure the design remains within the company's terms of manpower, material, equipment and techniques.
- To produce prototypes suitable for approval by the design and development designer.
- Test Equipment, stores, catalogue file, communications, technical information, development area.
Training is provided for this role, but a background interest in electronics would be advantageous.
If you are interested in this role, please apply or contact Chloe on