Stobart Rail are looking for a Trainee Buyer to join their team in Carlisle.
Job Title: Trainee Buyer
Salary: Up to £18,000 - package including company pension scheme and uniform.
Location: Carlisle, Lake District Airport
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
Reporting to: Procurement and Supply Chain Manager
Trainee Buyer -Who we are:
Stobart Group is focused on delivering growth in its three core operating divisions; Aviation, Energy and Rail & Civils. Stobart Group also holds a portfolio of infrastructure assets and investments.
Trainee Buyer - What’s the role?
The role of the Trainee Buyer is to grow and develop within the Company and become a valued member of the procurement team. The Trainee Buyer will be responsible for providing purchasing support to the rest of the team which includes the procurement of labour, plant, materials and services in a timely cost effective and professional manner with the ultimate goal of achieving overall value for money for the Company.
Trainee Buyer – Responsibilities:
- Update purchase 'Worksheets’ for labour, plant, materials and service requisitions.
- Review requests; liaise with the requestors ensuring that the requirements have been fully understood prior to obtaining quotations
- Preparing a request for quotation (RFQ) in accordance with current purchasing policies and procedures clearly identifying item description, relevant specification, quantity, timescales etc. along with appropriate terms and conditions and any other special requirements that will form the basis of the quotation
- Receive and evaluate supplier quotations, liaising with both requestor and supplier ensuring that all requirements have been met
- Raise properly constituted purchase orders to secure the supply of labour, plant, materials and other services, ensuring that the commercial interests of the business are properly protected in accordance with the agreed quotation between buyer and supplier
- Ensure that purchase orders have been approved by the person whom has the authority to do so in accordance with the company delegated authority matrix
- Ensure requested documentation received from suppliers is distributed accordingly
- Resolve any purchase order queries, following up and closing out on a regular basis
- Implement nationwide service level/partnership arrangements within key areas of the supply chain and build healthy relationships via such arrangements to safeguard delivery capacity
- Interpret company policies and procedures and liaise with relevant teams to ensure compliance with such and monitor for continuous improvement
- Deputise for the Buyer.
Trainee Buyer – Qualifications:
- Excellent IT skills including Word, Excel, Access
- Experience of organising, planning and allocating work tasks
- General education to GCSE grade A-C or equivalent.
Trainee Buyer - Core experience:
- Experience of working within a busy office environment
To submit your CV for this exciting opportunity, press ‘Apply’ today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'