Our client is a multi-award winning 1st Tier automotive supplier based in the Llanelli. They possess a long history of success, stability, and progression due to the ability to adapt to change and utilise innovative technology to stay ahead of the competition. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Toolmaker.
- Press Tool Maintenance /Repair and modification
- Carry out effective maintenance and repairs of press tools/ancilliary equipment.
- Must complete all work within set timescales dictated by production/customer requirements.
- Evaluate repairs to determine whether it can be conducted in Press or whether this must be removed to Toolroom for essential maintenance and repair work.
- Communicate effectively with team, shift leaders, facility maintenance and press operations to ensure all issues are resolved correctly and in a timely manner.
- Agree a repair plan with the shift supervisor and cascade through the 3 shift cycle with other team members.
- Must complete all work reports to an accurate and detailed level.
- Must have completed a 4 year Toolmaking or related Apprenticeship
- Must possess a ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Press Tool Dismantling and Assembly, Mechanical problem solving, working to high tolerances
- Previously operated machinery and equipment in an engineering based role.
- Experience in Transfer and / or Progression Tooling is desirable
- Toolroom or similar workshop protocol with associated equipment.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.