Personal Tax Semi Senior (three)
North London c. £25,000 - £30,000 Dependent on experience
Rutherford Briant have been retained to recruit for three Personal Tax Semi Seniors for BKL to be based in their fast growing North London Office.
About the Firm
BKL is an award winning firm of chartered accountants and tax advisers which comprises of 23 Partners and 160 team members split over their two offices in North London and Cambridge. The firm has almost doubled in size in the last two years and has exciting plans for future growth looking at focusing on providing a quality service to specialist areas. One of these areas is tax compliance and with a large portfolio, it is seeking to significantly strengthen and develop the personal tax team based in its North London office.
The role holder will be working within a growing team and will be responsible for their own portfolio of clients. They will be completing tax returns as well as helping to motivate and train junior tax team members. Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Personal Tax team in providing compliance and advisory services to a portfolio of client’s c.150-250 as agreed by Head of Personal Tax.
- Advise on tax issues where competent to do so, and refer to Supervisor or other relevant line manager(s) where appropriate in order to complete all aspects of a tax file.
- Involvement in planning client work including reviewing client's affairs for tax planning opportunities.
- Review and supervise Tax Trainee work, where appropriate, providing timely, consistent and constructive feedback on an informal basis.
- Ensure every client, where appropriate, has been advised of measures they can take to reduce their Tax liability.
The ideal candidates will be ATT Qualified with at least one year's experience in completing personal tax returns within a public practice. Successful candidates will be enthusiastic and motivated with a strong desire to study towards their CTA exams in order to learn and develop. They will also show a desire to begin to develop their leadership skills.
Essential skills include: Personal Tax return experience. The ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with clients. Strong communication skills and a desire to develop and progress.
All third party and direct applications will be forwarded to Rutherford Briant Recruitment