Newly Advertised Role - Working for one of the areas leading electronics companies as a skilled Test & Repair Technician.
Candidates should have worked within a similar role and be confident in all aspects of fault finding and replacement of parts to component level.
o Ensuring critical quality requirements are maintained
o Making sure repair times are achieved and wherever possible improved.
Health and safety
o Ensure work areas are kept safe and hazard free and report any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures to management immediately
Minimum HNC/HND/OND in Electronics or relevant electronic discipline.
• Analogue and Digital Electronics.
• 3 years electronics repair, test and engineering experience within a relevant manufacturing environment, using best practice repair/test techniques.
• Able to Test, Diagnose and Repair to component level.
• Expertise in hand soldering and use of rework station. IPC certification an advantage.
• Competence in the navigation of circuit diagrams and assembly drawings.
• Experience of soldering and rework of soldering related faults
• IPC-A-610 Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies
• IPC J-STD-001 Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies
• Good hand skills and eyesight
• Experience in the handling of electronic assemblies (ESD, EOS, safe handling).
• Understanding of relevant procedures, standards, engineering and technical documentation
• Experience of using common test equipment
• Knowledge of components, resistor colour codes and component polarities
This client is based in a rural location therefore own transport would be an advantage but the site is near a main line train station with a 30 minute walk.