TEST Development Technician Coventry - West Midlands
Good base salary based on experience + excellent benefits
As a world leading engineering company with a proven track record in providing advanced, safety critical, engineered solutions to a wide range of industrial sectors, my client has a history that sees more than a million of their units beings used across the globe.
Due to a period of significant growth they are now looking to build their established team with a Test Development Technician to work out of their impressive West Midlands operation.
As a TEST Development Technician you will:
- Perform product tests; analyse & report results.
- Assist in product & process trouble shooting as required.
- Document test procedures clearly and concisely.
- Prepare and issue concise and accurate test reports.
- Ensure accurate record test information and maintain test documentation.
- Monitor test rig condition for safety and performance.
- Perform preventative maintenance on instrumentation and control systems.
- Calibrate test instruments as required.
- Conduct a wide range of product tests including static, quasi-static dynamic, durability & environmental tests.
- Partake in design reviews when required.
- Identify & advise Engineers on product manufacturing and performance issues.
- Work closely with other Engineering and Development personnel and others in the business.
In order to be considered for this TEST Development Technician role it is expected that you will:
- Have developed your career from completing a formal apprenticeship (be "time served") or carry relevant qualifications within Engineering
- Be familiar with mechanical test equipment (load cells, accelerometers, LVDTs etc.), as well as electronic data logging systems and software
- Understand the use of and be able to calibrate measurement equipment
- Have familiarity with hydraulics and hydraulic mechanisms and test equipment
- Be able to assemble and take apart relatively complex mechanical components
- Be able to read and understand engineering drawings
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on equipment.
It would also be a distinct advantage if you:
- Have experience of signal conditioning units
- Have knowledge of product development processes and R&D environments
In addition to working with one of the world leaders in what they do, you will be rewarded with;
- A good basic salary based on your skills and experience
- 33 days holiday per year (25+8)
- Flexi-working (post probationary period)
- Superb training and career development opportunities
- Mechanical Engineering
- Test Development
- Test Equipment
- Test Procedures