Becoming a Test Delivery Lead with Smart DCC:
Fantastic opportunity to secure an initial 6 month contract as a Test Delivery Lead based in Manchester, this is a predominantly remote working role. The Test Delivery Lead will define the requirements and processes needed to deliver and operate a new testing service for switching The Test Delivery Lead will also support the Test Delivery Manager in development and approval of test governance documentation including Retail Energy Code (REC) Category 3 Documents.
What you’ll be doing:
· Manage the development of all testing processes and supporting documentation required by Users and DCC Testing Services team members for the enduring switching testing service and the transition of these into operational use
· Support to the Test Delivery Manager in planning how to meet future mandatory and voluntary testing needs for switching
· Production and management of the process documents governing Test Delivery activity for enduring switching testing service
· Development of strong working practises with REC Manager and new service providers
· Reporting on readiness for an enduring testing services and transition activities. Ensure activities are completed on time to ensure readiness to support the enduring testing service.
What we’re looking for:
- Testing expert, great experience in managing or leading testing activities, demonstrates a clear understanding of test artefacts, test execution, test reporting and test issue resolution
- Expert in Delivery and Transition, for effective transition of releases from projects to implementation into Testing Services Team to rollout delivery of new release to customers
- Experience of testing of components of the smart metering solution or a similarly complex communications enabled system
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to explain complex technical requirements and review the work of others
- Ability to work with several releases at once and to prioritise requests for support by the Testing Services team.
- An excellent level of knowledge and experience of the GB smart metering and user landscape
About Smart DCC
At the Data Communications Company, we believe in making Britain more connected, so we can all lead smarter, greener lives. We’ve built the secure infrastructure that’s supporting the mass roll-out of smart meters across the country. Our universal, secure network will be in 30 million homes and small businesses, making it the largest network in Britain. So it’s a truly exciting time to join us. You’ll be part of a team that’s supporting the country’s transition to a low-carbon economy, and helping to ensure an affordable, secure, and sustainable energy supply for the future.
Operating independently of its parent company, Capita plc*, the DCC is a Disability Confident Committed Employer. We’re directed by the Department for Business and regulated by OFGEM. We collaborate with the Government and leading telco and utility industry service providers to help protect consumers and give them better energy choices. A finalist in the Top Workplace Awards in 2018, we reward professionals who thrive in an environment of change and innovation. Watch this about DCC video and if it ignites your interest, apply below.
What’s in it for you?
· A competitive day rate
· Partial remote working available for this role
You’ll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What we hope you’ll do next:
Choose ‘Apply now’ to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you’d like to ask before applying, you can contact .
The parent company, Capita Plc*, are a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We’re supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We’re always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you’ll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions. You’ll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative, and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'