Your new company
Hays IT is recruiting for a Test Analyst to work on a 3 month contract in Cornwall. My client is a growing global health technology organisation that coordinates care solutions and unrivalled healthcare diagnostics. They deliver a range of health technology software and devices across the world with offices located in the United Kingdom, United States, Dubai and Germany.
Your new role
- Work with Product Owners and Software Developers to define acceptance criteria.
- Develop detailed test cases and associated process steps for all User Stories within a Sprint.
- Liaise with Product Owners and Software Developers to ensure acceptable test coverage of functional and non-functional requirements will be achieved.
- Create and execute test scripts, investigating and logging defects in the agreed format.
- Attend / lead and input into project or feature kick off sessions from a testing perspective
- Write, test and maintain computer programs, test scripts, and test data together with associated documentation to agreed specifications.
- Work with colleagues, customers and business partners to understand and detail user stories and provide estimates for test effort needed.
- Contribute to the definition of the organisation's test strategy, methodologies, procedures and guidelines that they can apply to their products during the development lifecycle.
- Actively participate in test peer reviews and provide the right degree of challenge to ensure adequate coverage is achieved.
- Work with the team to estimate effort on user stories, helping the team to identify tasks or activities that need to be considered.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of core system and processes, and how those systems and processes interact (end-to-end testing)
- Work within test, design and development standards.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience working within software development.
- Be well versed in a variety of testing techniques and test approaches
- Be experienced in breaking down complex designs into smaller, manageable areas to test.
- Extensive experience of Test Design; Execution; Defect Management across a number of projects.
- Defect logging using a test management tool.
What you'll get in return
- 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- 3 Month Contract.
- Starting ASAP.
- Competitive Daily Rate.
- Based in Cornwall.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this Test Analyst role in Cornwall, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this Test Analyst job in Cornwall isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new Test Analyst position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- test analyst software development testing techniques test complex designs experience of Test Design