This job has ended. Find similar jobs.
Temporary – 7 weeks
Full time – Monday – Friday 9.00am-5.30pm
£15.15 per hour
About the job:
• Responsible for the tenancy and void management of a defined number of properties within Oxford, Kidlington and Abingdon
• To provide a high quality, customer focussed service covering all aspects of void and tenancy management including pre-termination visits, welcome visits, tenancy changes, tenancy terminations and enforcement of tenancy conditions
• To act as a first point of contact for members, tenants and other Council services in respect of Council owned residential properties
• Managing a defined number of residential properties and act as first point of contact for the tenant ensuring that a high quality of customer care and service is delivered at all times.
• Managing the Estate Improvement budget for the area, consulting and engaging with members, tenants and leaseholders on projects.
• Maintaining an expert professional knowledge of current landlord and tenant legislation, guidance, best practice and case law.
• Representing Oxford City Council at the County Court, coordinating and preparing all information required for possession and other housing related cases.
• In the event of a major incident affecting Oxford City Council residential property to act as the point of contact between the emergency services, internal and external agencies and the tenants and members. Major incidents will include power outages, flooding, carbon monoxide alert, fires and lift breakdown.
• As the responsible officer attend, and be involved in decision making, at serious case reviews, professionals meetings and child protection conferences with social services, community mental health team and other regulatory agencies.
• Arrange and carry out accompanied viewings to void properties at the earliest opportunity to increase rental income, reduce void costs and to ensure performance targets are met.
• Complete with the tenant the tenancy agreement and associated paperwork including all Furnished Tenant paperwork and to utilise legal knowledge to explain the terms, rights and responsibilities of the agreement to the tenant.
• Attend evictions with the bailiff, ensuring that screens, lock changes and forced entry have been ordered and police presence requested if necessary.
• Organise temporary and permanent decants, assisting the tenant in organising changes to services e.g. reading of meters, contacting utility companies, post office, telephone and other media services and the Council Tax team.
• Experience of working for a local authority or registered provider in a housing management environment
• Experience of providing a customer focused service. Demonstrating strong interpersonal and customer facing skills. Ability to empathise, maintaining professionalism, displaying patience and sensitivity whilst ensuring compliance within Council’s procedures
• Knowledge of health and safety good practice
• Good organisational skills, experience and ability to cope with high workloads and pressure
• A thorough professional knowledge of landlord and tenant law including both statute and case law
• Good letter and report writing skills
• Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office products in particular Excel and word
• Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) including English and Maths at grade C or above
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job