Telesales Business Developer
Why work for us?
At Howdens we invest in our people and provide thorough on the job training and excellent career progression opportunities. We have been awarded a place in the top 25 Best Big Companies to Work for in the Sunday Times for recognition of excellence in the workplace.
Howdens Joinery, a trade only business with over 700 depots, has built a reputation that builders can trust through offering best local price and providing product from local stock. Our unbeatable service and product has led to us becoming a market leader, which is why we were awarded the Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen 2015 for our quality and excellence. Despite its scale, Howdens remains a local business with traditional values.
We are proud of our substantial growth and remain committed to success through the expansion of our local depot network. We are seeking talented people to help us continue to grow our business.
Summary of the Role
Our Telesales Business Developers establish excellent relationships with new and existing customers, using their telephone sales techniques to generate business and encourage new leads. They also provide support to the depots Sales Representatives where appropriate.
• The basis of this role is to effectively communicate the products and services offered by Howdens and generate sales leads and enhance sales potential on incoming and outgoing telephone calls.
• Develop long term collaborative relationships with customers from the building trade.
• Proactively gain new accounts, repeat business and generate qualified leads for the team through outgoing sales calls.
• Provide potential and existing customers with the highest level of customer service.
• You will be required to provide the Sales Representatives with qualified leads and appointments.
• Outstanding telephone skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to achieve and exceed sales targets
• Planning and organising skills
• Ability to prioritise own workload
• A desire for continuous personal and professional development
In return for your hard work and commitment you will be rewarded with some great benefits, which include:
• Competitive salary
• Monthly depot performance bonus
• Matched contribution pension scheme
• Team incentives and outings
• 24 days holiday, rising to 26 days after 5 years
• Staff discount on Howdens products
• Share awards and prize draws
Please note that candidates applying for this role must have a valid right to work in the UK, and we do not offer sponsorship of employment for any depot positions at this time. We appreciate your understanding.
Howdens is founded on the principle of being Worthwhile for ALL concerned. We’re working hard to ensure we provide an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome. We will do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, please email with the job title and location, and we will be happy to help you.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'