Technology Engineer - Power Systems - Warrington
The grid is in a state of transition with distributed energy systems expected to play a much larger role than traditional centralised power transmission. EV charging, battery storage, the declining cost of renewable energies and frustrations with the pace of the regulated market are driving innovation and fundamental changes.
This is an incredibly exciting time to be a part of this journey. Joining one of the world's leading engineering business, this is a truly unique opportunity to shape the future of the grid as a technology expert and spokesman for the business.
This requires commercial nous, excellent technical knowledge of power systems and an ability to present to very senior people in a calm and robust way. If you've got these qualities, this is an amazing chance to build a lasting legacy in the UK's grid.
- Promotion of market leading technology
- Represent the business at conferences, presenting to senior stakeholders across multiple industries
- Remain fully up to date with regulations, technologies and innovation funding sources (such as NIA, NIC, Innovate UK and EPSRC)
- Keep the business briefed on changes and opportunities, helping to sell internally to get resources deployed
- Use your awareness of the technological capacity of the business to determine new opportunities and bring them to market
- Develop effective relationships with academia and clients and seek partnerships and collaborative working arrangements.
- Strong understanding of power systems and associated technologies including battery storage, frequency support, load balancing, EV charging etc
- Passion for technology and its applications within distributed energy systems
- Clear and articulate presentation style
- Commercially astute - able to seek out opportunities and initiate conversations with senior clients
- Clear understanding of innovation / regulatory factors driving investment within DNOs
- Provide technical sales support to facilitate complex deals
- 33 days leave
- Company car or car allowance
- Individual bonus scheme worth £5000
- Matched company pension scheme up to 10%
- 6 x salary life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Income protection
- Structured CPD scheme
Location - Warrington
If you are interested in this position or would like to know more, please contact us urgently using one of the following methods:
Call Lawson Leefe on or send an email with your questions, CV and contact details
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer