Purpose: To provide professional teaching, monitoring and assessment for Learners and Employers, using a wide range of learning materials and maintaining records to monitor trainee/candidate progress and achievement. Including planning of existing and new initiatives.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Management of apprentice learning programmes and curriculum development.
• Management of the assessment and review process to ensure consistency of reviews, assessment, portfolio building, tracking of progress and achievement.
• Co-ordination of both on and off-the job training (VCQ/VRQ/Functional/Essential Skills and commercial programmes).
• Assessment of learners.
• Teaching and Learning of years one, two, three and four learners and commercial programmes.
• Development of the activities delivered for the Apprenticeships, up-skilling and commercial programmes.
• Employer engagement.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Compliance with the requirements of the Common Inspection Framework
• Scheduling and management of timetables for apprentice off-the job training delivery.
• Development and delivery of Schemes of Work in compliance with the requirements of – SFA, Awarding Bodies and Ofsted.
• Preparation and development of learning materials for training delivery and apprentice assignments.
• To manage the tracking of progress and achievement of VCQ/VRQ and Functional/Essential Skills, in conjunction with Centre Co-ordinator and Business analyst.
• Preparation and management of apprentice/trainee report process, in conjunction with the Centre Co-ordinator.
• To act as tutor to learners providing academic guidance and support when needed.
• To carry out assessment of learners work and examinations in accordance with internal and external criteria, ensuring that quality standards are developed and maintained.
• To provide monthly reports to Senior Management.
• To carry out Monthly one to one’s with direct reports (Apprentice).
• Advise and counsel learners as necessary regarding training, welfare, and discipline.
• Carry our Health and Safety monitoring of the delivery Training Centre to ensure adequate facilities, insurance and statutory Health and Safety requirements.
• Liaison with Centre Co-ordinator.
• Liaison with employers.
• Actively promote Equal Opportunities in accordance with our policy to ensure employer and trainee compliance and to ensure that no individual is discriminated against.
• Actively support company policy and best practice in the area of security, with particular emphasis on protection of customer sensitive information.
• Promote a safe working environment in accordance with current legislation.
LIMITS OF AUTHORITY: No financial authority
RESOURCES FOR WHICH THE JOB HOLDER IS ACCOUNTABLE:
• People - Internal/external Tutors.
• Expenditure - Expenses and travel and mileage if required for duties
• Customer focus: To understand customer views, needs and objectives.
• Demonstrate technical competence at level 4 and above
Performance and results:
• Achieve objectives as agreed at Annual Appraisal.
• Ensure consistency of delivery of on-the-job/off-the-job training.
• Ensure consistency of assessment process.
• Provide information to managers, external bodies and stakeholders as required.
To contribute and work as part of a team
Effective communications and impact:
• To be able to communicate at all levels
Continuous improvement and management of change:
• Use learning, best practice and experience to the benefit of all our activities.
• Update professional and academic knowledge.
The job holder should have:
• Minimum level of qualifications and skills/experience required for the role.
• Confident and adept when dealing with learners, employers, external trainers/assessors and partners.
• A working knowledge of Awarding Body requirements in liaison with the F-TEC Centre Co-ordinator.
• Management of learning programmes and curriculum development
• Creative, responsive, able to work under pressure, to tight timescales and deadlines.
If you would like to find out more about this role, please contact Jade Cholod Jade.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01793
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job