Linux and SIP/VoIP is a foundation that m client can start building knowledge on products and services we support! Do you have this and would you like the following job??
Overall Responsibility: Technical Support Engineers are the first point of contact for customers experiencing product or service issues and are responsible for handling the contact in a timely, courteous and professional manner, taking ownership of customer problems and managing the issues through to resolution without delay. They are a source of expert advice and information for customers and internal users alike and are responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction when dealing with the Technical Assistance Centre (TAC).
Responsibility for TAC role, performance and processes including:
Handling issues raised via email, phone or ticketing system, and ensuring these are logged in the ticketing system.
Triage all tickets raised by customers according to current TAC policies.
Prioritisation of issues raised based on customer, severity & business impact.
Respond to customers issues in a professional and timely manner.
Providing technical support to customers within SLA, escalating as required.
Troubleshooting system and network problems, and diagnosing and solving faults.
Manage vendor escalations as required to ensure vendor focus to resolution, raising issues with the wider management team as required.
Take clear ownership of customer problems and manage through to resolution.
Where appropriate, create and take ownership of fulfilling a communications plan with customers for each ticket.
Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time
Arranging for hardware replacements as necessary including liaising with 3rd parties to complete service restoration.
Participate in the support out-of-hours rota according to policy and within SLAs
Manage Major Incidents with the assistance of Head of Technical Support and/or Head of Operations.
Approving new user registrations to the technical support systems for existing customers.
Ensure required customer details for TAC access to deployed systems are maintained
Keep internal documentation relevant, readable and up-to-date, expanding where documentation is missing or inadequate.
Contribute to the TAC knowledgebase
Monitoring of customer systems
Patching and upgrade services provided
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- At least two years’ experience of working in an IP Telephony, Internet or other IT technology environment.
- Maturity to work under pressure whilst maintaining a professional attitude and positive outlook.
- Linux experience.
- Exposure to shell scripting would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of portfolio products (e.g. BroadWorks, Oracle, Sonus & AudioCodes) would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of relevant protocols, such as TCP/IP and SIP.
- Knowledge of IP networking and IP telephony.
- Excellent fault finding and troubleshooting skills
- Having a customer focussed "CanDo" attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn new technologies is required.
- Able to work on own and as part of a small team.
- Portray a courteous and professional image to customers, staff and others.
- Show personal confidence and drive.
- Ability to resolve complex technical support issues and faults with the minimum of supervision and escalations
- Ability to work on and prioritise several issues concurrently.
- Maintain a constant awareness of health and safety issues.
- Realise your significance to the ISO 27001 security standard.
- Keep aware of constant market changes.
- Maintain a concern for excellence.
I am a recruiter recruiting on behalf of my client.
For full detail on this role please contact me.
- 3. Linux experience.
- 5. Knowledge of portfolio products
- 6. Knowledge of relevant protocols, such as TCP/IP and SIP.