My client is multi-award winning and fast growing telecommunications business, with a great brand and reputation. Due to rapid expansion, they are recruiting for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to join their head office team. Very attractive salary, working environment and benefits on offer. You will be working exclusively with business customers, supporting a range technologies, including LG iPECS PABX systems.
To apply for this role you must have worked within a business who supply one or more of the following: PBX telephone systems / VoIP telephone systems / MPLS / SIP / broadband / mobile telephony.
As one of the UK’s leading telecom & utility providers; this is an excellent career move for someone with a strong technical skills to grow and develop with the business.
- To provide high level technical liaison, support and administration to business customers with responsibility for the full life cycle of incidents/problems that may arise.
- To work closely with all teams in all levels of Technical Support, Engineering and Customer Services.
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of PABXs, (in particular LG is highly desired) including PC applications and remote connectivity. Knowledge of any other PABX's will be an advantage.
Objectives and Responsibilities
- Resolving customer problems both directly from customers and through technical escalation.
- Implementing fixes and solutions where appropriate, either via discussing directly with the customer, via email, via remote access or onsite.
- Liaising with customers therefore requiring excellent customer communication skills.
- To develop good working relationship with internal office staff and field based engineers.
- To provide a fault resolution service at customer's premises, working as a team or working individually.
- To assist other Technical staff and engineers involved in projects, and to work with management in the assignment of technical tasks where required.
- To be able to provide full customer training on the installed product
- To be able to provide clear and concise documentation of completed allocated work.
- To be able to liaise with PABX manufacturer technical support help desk to provide solutions to rectify problematic faults.
- To work closely with Administration team to ensure accurate recording of all engineering activities.
- To work closely with other engineers to continually pursue self-development through in house training and to also assist in the development and training of other engineers.
- To be committed to working as part of an effective team within the Engineering department
- To maintain the highest standard of professional conduct at all times with customers and colleagues
- To be committed to the principles and practice of continuous professional development and to undertake additional training to meet individual and organisational needs.
- To follow Health & Safety procedures set out by the Company in order to ensure the safety of you, your colleagues and others and adhere to Health and Safety Policy of site on.
- To undertake any other tasks and responsibilities as required and appropriate to the level of this post
- Acting as an ambassador to position the company's reputation as a leading and respected employer
Required, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of IT/telecommunications industry particularly networking, IP and VoIP.
- An ability to demonstrate excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills; be an effective communicator across all levels of the organisation
- To have exceptional analytical skills
- Must be able to work on own initiative and also as part of a team with limited guidance
- Competitive salary of £20,000 - £30,000, depending on experience
- Discounted mobile phone
- Regular incentives and competitions
- Excellent, modern working environment with state of the art IT equipment
- Perkbox subscription
- Pension & other benefits
This is a growing company with lots of opportunity for progression down the line.
To apply, please submit your application via this website or contact Rachel Locke at Strand Recruitment.
- IP PBX