Role Title: Technical Support (Tier 1)
Reporting to: Technical Support Manager (Lead EMEA)
The Technical Support Representative ensures our customers’ success through the delivery of our Tier 1 and some Tier 2 technical support functions.
The role is responsible for assisting in the setup and training of new customers, resolving customer questions about products and services, researching or escalating cases that require additional attention to reach resolution, and helping users resolve any problems that may arise using solutions.
Support is both telephone and email based, requiring excellent verbal and written communication skills, 'best in class’ problem solving skills, a consistently positive attitude together with a good-spirited willingness to help.
The successful candidate will be a proactive self-starter, with the ability to work as part of a Team and solo without reducing the high quality standard of work output, able to demonstrate a proven track record in a similar or comparable Sector, thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and be prepared, and wanting, to grow with the organisation through a dramatic growth phase. Technical Support Representatives must be 100% committed to swiftly resolving issues for customer success and satisfaction and apply focused attention to the requirements of the job role for the benefit of all pertinent stakeholders.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage in-bound calls and emails with focus and enthusiasm, a dedication to the consistent delivery of an exemplary quality standard of customer service and positive energy to competently answer questions about products and services.
- Provide timely, high quality responses to external and internal customer questions and escalations, whilst balancing both the company’s and the customer’s needs.
- Respond promptly and accurately regarding escalation resolution, while actively navigating internal Departments and vendors to ensure seamless resolution for all customer issues.
- Proactively resolve problems in the early stages.
- Adhere to, and operate within, the company’s Support procedures, standards and policies.
- Appropriately advocate for customers, demonstrate innovation in helping to define ways to continually add meaningful and cost effective (for the company) value to the customer experience.
- Contribute to, augment and expand upon the company’s knowledge management database.
- Engage in company-sponsored and self-motivated training and learning opportunities to further develop technical and soft skills, as required, for effective performance.
- Provide timely feedback and ideas to the Technical Support Manager (Lead EMEA) to strengthen and refine the Department processes and operations.
- Achieve individual and team performance goals related to customer satisfaction, customer retention, and profitable company growth.
- Any other adhoc tasks and/or projects as directed by the Technical Support Manager (Lead EMEA).
Please note there is a 10% bonus paid out over four quarters
Required Skills / Experience/Attributes:
- ONC, HND or Computer Science related qualification required.
- Proven demonstrable track record of same or comparative professional experience.
- Strong problem-solving skills; gathers and analyses information skillfully.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially the ability to listen and comprehend effectively.
- Capable of sensitively managing difficult or emotional customer situations together with building rapport and trust for the future.
- Ability to instinctively comprehend and, where appropriate, escalate issues efficiently and appropriately.
- Prioritise effectively within tight schedules and a dynamically paced environment.
- Enthusiasm and positive attitude in context to the role.
- Strong work ethic and customer service orientation with outstanding integrity and ethics.
- High level of EQ, borne out by track record to date of personal conduct in professional environment.
- Commitment to professionalism, follow-through and attention to detail.
- Superior internet and computer skills.
- High technical aptitude for assimilating technical concepts and new technology.
- Ability to work flexible shift, which may include early morning hours, late night hours or weekend hours, as and when required.Please note that this is going to be an early shift role so starting at 6a.m finishing at 2.30pm Mon-Fri.
- Experience with support applications, tools and processes.
- Experience delivering both hardware and software support services.
- Experience in systems engineering in wireless networks or GPS
- CS or Engineering background a plus
- Experience with PC/MAC browsers, Excel, Microsoft Office
- Verbal, comprehension and written French language skills to a satisfactory standard
- Computer Science
- 1st line support
- 2nd line support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job