Technical Project Manager
London, EC3M 3BD
QBE European Operations has turnover of £3bn and specialises in commercial insurance across the globe, often large complex risks. Data science is still new in the world of commercial insurance, which means there is tremendous value in disrupting the market across diverse opportunities. Analytics is driving a paradigm shift in how business is undertaken in insurance and is one of the six key global priorities for QBE. This is your chance to be part of a pioneering initiative in the industry, leveraging data to lead a new path for the company’s future.
The main purpose of the role is to manage the effective delivery of initiatives and technical solutions in Data Analytics that are required in order to drive the achievement of business strategic objectives. Projects are process, people and technology focused. This role will work within agreed time and cost constraints to successfully shape, design, and deliver projects, ensuring that they meet business needs with a focus on quality of delivery and using change management tools to implement a smooth transition.
- Establish a technical vision with the development team and work with data scientists and engineers to turn it into reality.
- Work with business stakeholders to define technical options and agree on solutions for future streams of work.
- Work with the data scientists and call for development huddles to agree on a speed and direction
- Establish a common understanding of what the team is aiming for, and make adjustments as the team learns more about the problem and the approach chosen to solve it
- Resolve technical disputes, and be watchful of technical decisions that have long-term consequences
- Apply an Agile project methodology and lead change management activities
- Manage the end to end lifecycle of projects including production of and maintenance of necessary artefacts such as Epics, Features, Program Backlog, Team Backlog, Sprint Metrics, Risks and Issue management, budget tracking and project governance.
- Supporting and engaging senior leaders
- Definition of roles and responsibilities
- Planning of roadmaps, communications, training, transition etc.
- Coaching managers and stakeholders through Agile ways of working
- Integrate change management activities into project plan and manage operationalisation of project outputs
- Ensure relative definition and measurement of sprint and program increment success metrics are in place and monitor progress
- Identify and monitor project risks and issues, managing inter-dependencies between workstreams and projects, implementing solutions and providing recommendations
- Deliver appropriate reports and presentations to project boards, key stakeholders, Business Partnering Portfolio Management and all governance forums to support the delivery of business change projects.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and external suppliers to ensure project delivery meets business needs.
- Knowledge and appreciation of the technical subject matter. Previous experience as data scientist/engineer highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the data analytics build process and time frames
- Experience in managing Agile projects
- Qualifications in Programme / Project Management and / or Agile or equivalent experience
- Experience with organizational change and change management.
- Senior stakeholder management experience, ability to collaborate effectively with all third party Vendors and internal IT Teams.
- Project Management
- Data Science
- Data Analytics