Academia - The Technology Group specialise in the supply of Software, IT hardware, training and Managed Service solutions to the Public Sectors, B2B and Pro Media markets. We are an established, rapidly growing company with a reputation for our technical solutions, innovation and ambition; employing over 100 staff with an annual group turnover of over £70m. We partner with the world's leading technology manufacturers and have the accreditations, certifications and awards to demonstrate our expertise and ability.
To support this growth, we’re looking for a dynamic Technical Helpdesk Manager to fully manage our service desk team of engineers who provide a best in class IT function to our customers. Reporting to the Operations Director, you will lead the service desk team, providing clear guidance, managing KPIs, acting as technical escalation, producing reports and analytics whilst providing the support required to deliver outstanding service.
Experience and Skills required:
- Solid experience as a Technical Helpdesk Manager within an IT Managed Service (MSP) environment, where you are able to demonstrate continuous improvement of support services delivered to customers.
- Sound technical ability (Microsoft Tier 3 equivalent with relevant certifications) to pick up ticket escalations and resolve efficiently whilst training the more junior team members, where applicable. This includes excellent general IT knowledge around products and services and the ability to explain these to junior service desk engineers and/or customers if needed.
- Good knowledge of ITIL principles (certifications will be advantageous) with the ability to create and apply service delivery methods which improve the customer experience when working with our service desk.
- Outstanding ability to draft reports and analyse detail in order to document and present findings to the Operations Director and Board on a regular basis. This includes root cause analysis to ensure we are proactively addressing any potential issues or concerns.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team, as well as encourage development and personal growth.
- Excellent all-round communication skills (across all levels).
- The ability to problem-solve quickly and effectively whilst coaching those around you to do the same.
- Extensive knowledge of Autotask is required.
You will have responsibility over:
- Onboarding new customers to our Service Desk ensuring a smooth transition from active project to support.
- Leading and managing the Service Desk Team, looking for ways in which to continuously improve on what and how we deliver support to our customers and encouraging this culture amongst the team.
- Management of service desk engineers, including 1-2-1’s and annual reviews.
- Creating, reporting and improving key Service Desk performance metrics (number of tickets and related trends; response and resolution rates; adherence to SLA’s; and general customer satisfaction). This includes proactive identification of potential issues and actively dealing with these in the appropriate manner. These should be reported to the Operations Director and/or SMT at least monthly if not more regularly, depending on the urgency.
- Acting as the implementer for any agreed improvement actions as agreed with the Operations Director.
- Ensuring KPI’s are set and met for service desk engineers, including, for example, time logging against customers / projects and number of tickets resolved.
- Full ownership (to completion) of escalated (i.e. priority / technically complex) tickets, ensuring the customer is kept informed at all times and that SLA’s are met.
- Working with the project team to transition projects to the service desk engineers and BAU thereafter.
- Assisting with recruitment of service desk engineers when necessary.
- Attending and driving quarterly customer service meetings alongside the Account Manager. This includes monthly / quarterly stats to the customer and follow up of agreed actions to completion.
- Full management of major incidents, ensuring that any / all customers affected are kept well informed. This includes incident reporting (i.e. documentation) on resolution.
- Scheduling of engineers to client sites and / or assistance on project work as needed.
- 3rd Line Support
- Escalation Process
- Service Desk Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'