The purpose of the role is to liaise with new and existing suppliers to obtain best prices and lead times for products and to ensure the smooth running of the company's production department by establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with suppliers.
This is a technical position and the successful candidate would need to have previous Engineering experience and preferably a HNC in Engineering (or equivalent). Bills of Materials would not always be provided and you may be required to read the engineering drawing to establish which items would be required before sourcing them
Daily Duties Include:
- Reading engineering drawings to establish required items
- Obtaining quotations and lead times from new and existing suppliers
- Commercial negotiation with suppliers
- Progress chasing
- Delivery schedule forecasting
- Managing the online procurement system (training provided)
- Minimising cost base
- Liaising with all departments to ensure budgets and timescales are met
- Attending and contributing to internal meetings
The successful candidate would ideally have held a similar role for a minimum of three years and would have an HNC in Engineering or similar, relevant experience. You would have excellent communication skills and good all-round IT knowledge.
A CIPS qualification would be advantageous.
To apply for this position please select the APPLY button