Want to be an expert within your field? Here’s an opportunity that will enable you to do just that!
They are the leading construction information supplier to the Built Environment sector and are committed to delivering innovative specification and information solutions for all involved within the industry. They have established themselves as a top provider of software based construction information in the UK
They are looking for a Civil and Structural professional to join their multidisciplinary team to research, develop, author and review technical content for new & existing products and publications whilst looking after a team. As an organisation they are at the forefront on helping new technology and practices shape the construction and property sector.
On a day to day basis you will be:
- Managing and leading a team of authors and writers
- Updating the NBS specification suite
- Familiarising yourself with any new legislation, regulations or guidance which needs to be incorporated
- Carrying out other research into topical fields of interest (and sharing it for the benefit of others through one of NBS's many voices)
- Liaising with industry bodies or manufacturers on new innovations
- Writing guidance notes to assist subscribers with the correct use of specification clauses
- Developing and enhancing specification content and organisation
- Answering technical queries from subscribers
- Supporting the development and maintenance of National BIM Library Generic Objects
You are encouraged to build your sector knowledge to allow you to pursue being an industry subject specialist, building towards the organisations goal to be the centre of excellence for the industry. You are encouraged to make time for research and learning to ensure you stay one step ahead of the game. You will be responsible for providing a service which is relied on to be accurate and up to date by the entire construction industry. You will be questioning whether the products on offer are the best they can be or is there room for improvement.
The organisation is able to offer you a competitive salary, a 35 hour working week, life assurance, discounted health insurance, a companywide bonus scheme, a competitive company pension scheme which see your contribution doubled by the employer up to 12%, 25 days holidays plus statutory holidays, Birthday "day off" policy, additional "half day Christmas shop" holiday, office closure between Christmas and New Year, paid professional membership subscriptions plus many more benefits. You will enjoy a varied and challenging workload and a progressive career path.