Sopra Steria Recruitment is now looking for Technical Analyst (Security) to join our large client in their Durham Office.
Technical Analyst (Security)
£25,728 - £31,604 + Benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to work as Technical Analyst (Security) you have full responsibility for supporting IT security and to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information. The role will contribute to the identification and assessment of security risks and the implementation of controls to reduce risk, meeting the existing and future needs of the company. The role will require knowledge in a number of security technology areas (anti-malware, encryption, Security Intelligence and Event Monitoring, network security), and in information governance principles (risk, legislation, standards, policy and procedures).
- Help ensure CIS-managed services are seen as secure and represent good practice.
- Deploy, support and manage a range of security technologies including anti-malware, encryption, Network Access Control, web & email filtering, Security Information Event Monitoring, firewalls and authentication.
- Provide pragmatic security advice covering security technology.
- Perform initial investigations (who and what affected, what is the risk, next steps).
- Meet deadlines and problem solve in a pressured and complex technical environment, ensuring service and operational levels are met and adhered to.
- Assist 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support with practical security event response and clean up.
- Practical technical knowledge and skills in security technology areas such as anti-malware, encryption, SIEM, firewall, authentication.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- The ability to identify when a line-manager or legal opinion should be sought, 'knowing what you do not know’.
- Awareness of key UK legislation such as the Data Protection Act and the Computer Misuse Act.
- An understanding of major security standards, including but not limited to Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, NHS Information Governance Toolkit, Cyber Essentials and ISO27001.
- Detailed understanding of key UK legislation including Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act, Data Protection Act, Computer Misuse Act and Freedom of Information Act.
This a Fantastic opportunity to work with a great organisation. The career prospects are superb so please apply urgently to avoid disappointment.