Team Administrator - Foster Care - Dunfermline
Swiis are looking for a Part Time Team Administrator to provide high quality, comprehensive and confidential administrative support to the foster care and headquarters teams at our Dunfermline office.
Hours are 18.75 per week with a salary of £17,000 to £20,000 (pro rata)
- Welcome and receive visitors and answer incoming telephone queries/enquiries professionally, politely and timeously and where necessary sensitively, reporting any child protection concerns immediately and passing on messages when required.
- Undertake day-to-day administration and reception duties including photocopying, filing, dealing with enquiries, maintaining mailing/contact lists and liaising with suppliers.
- Open/distribute incoming mail and respond appropriately as directed keeping appropriate records.
- Collect and process outgoing mail.
- Participate in the Reception duty rota for the regional office.
- Attend and participate in team meetings, briefings, support meetings, training courses and supervision sessions as and when required.
- To prepare training materials, book foster carers onto training and assist with preparation for training events including set up of training rooms, maintain databases/spreadsheets, feedback forms, dietary requirements and issuing of training certificates.
- Take minutes at meetings and fostering panels, type letters and prepare reports and agendas as directed, ensuring good presentation and accuracy.
- Maintain and update database systems/spreadsheets and ensure that information is available to relevant staff.
- Ensure that financial information relating to placement charges and carer payments is forwarded to the Business Manager on a weekly basis.
- Maintain and allocate meeting rooms, organising refreshments as necessary for in-house and external bookings.
- Ensure all necessary consent forms, medical forms and PVG/Disclosures are issued.
- Ensure all statutory checks, personal references, employment references and GP letters are sent out and collated on return and ensure reminders for all checks are actioned and logged.
- Ensure there is an adequate supply of office materials/consumables and order as appropriate.
- To receive enquiries from potential foster carers and liaise appropriately with staff.
- To receive requests from Local Authority Placement Support Teams and liaise appropriately with staff.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in relation to all tasks required in the delivery of the fostering service and ensure all services are provided in an anti discriminatory way.
- Keep up to date and ensure that all Data Protection legislation and Swiis policies are adhered to.
- Ensure records are maintained and kept confidentially
- Carry out all duties as detailed above and other duties as may be appropriate to achieve the objectives of the Agency commensurate with the post holder’s grade, ability and aptitude to the highest standard in a professional manner, remaining flexible to changing demands and meeting tight deadlines.
Keep up to date with professional practice and be responsible for continuous personal and professional development in consultation with the line manager and the Learning and Development Coordinator
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Be familiar with to the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and conform to all relevant rules and procedures at all times.
- Properly use all equipment issued in the interest of health, safety or welfare i.e. protective clothing, hands-free mobile telephone kit, lifting equipment.
- Ensure that any situation that represents a danger and all accidents/incidents are reported promptly and fully to the appropriate person.
- Take responsibility for own health and safety and that of others by following health and safety systems and procedures and keeping all work areas clean and tidy.
- Take responsibility for fire prevention i.e. do not smoke in offices and cars, overload electrical circuits, wedge open or block fire doors etc.
- Be aware of how own behaviour may affect others and treat colleagues with dignity and respect.
- Report complaints of discrimination, bullying or harassment immediately to line manager/Group HR.