Fantastic opportunity with full training provided. This role is to contribute to a high quality learning environment for young people age 5-25 with autism to grow and develop through autism best practice learning and care enabling them to lead fulfilling and purposeful lives, in accordance with the Waking Day Curriculum and relevant policies and procedures.
To provide assistance to the teachers/ instructors within the classroom environment supporting the development of learning activities and contributing to Individual Learning/Education Plans.
Working Monday to Friday 8.30 - 4.00pm - 40 weeks of the year
- Hold a relevant Level 3 diploma or be willing to undertake a Level 3 diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching & Learning in Schools in accordance with statutory requirements of Ofsted/ CQC.
- An awareness of special complex needs or autistic spectrum.
- Appreciation for use of policy and procedure.
- A good understanding of Safeguarding specifically for young people with Autism.
- A good understanding of Health & Safety.
- Be physically fit and able to support or young people in physical activities.