Teacher of English
Required for September 2018
Shrewsbury Academy opened in September 2016 following the merger of two Shrewsbury secondary schools and is part of the Shrewsbury Academies Trust. The Heateacher and senior leadership team are seeking inspirational, professional and dynamic teachers to join us on this exciting stage of our journey.
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational Teacher of English to join our innovative team from September 2018. This post would suit a newly qualified teacher or more experienced teacher.
Our English Department is a thriving and successful team made up of seven specialists including one lead practitioner. Each teacher has their own teaching room and access to high quality shared resources and schemes.
We are passionate about what we do in the department and throughout our school to ensure the young people in our care have access to the very best teaching and opportunities. We have a thriving extra-curricular timetable including University visits, debating competitions and G&T projects.
We are seeking a suitably qualified teacher who:
* Has the passion and dedication to make a difference to the lives of young people;
* Is enthusiastic and highly-motivated;
* Has the desire to share and learn from best practice to ensure continual self-improvement;
In return we can offer:
* A key role in a growing and successful school;
* Students that are enthusiastic and keen to learn;
* A well-resourced school with excellent facilities;
* an energetic department who offer support, guidance and a real team ethos;
This post would suit an ambitious teacher seeking an environment where innovation and creativity are embraced. Shrewsbury Academy offers excellent CPD and career opportunities for teachers at all stages of their career.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged, please contact Hays Education if you would like to arrange this.
For more information and to request a full application pack please contact Paul Hunt at Hays Education:
Closing date: midday on Monday 26th March 2018
Shrewsbury Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure will be requested in the event of an individual being offered the position.
- teacher teaching secondary school english jobs west midlands shrewsbury shropshire NQT