Tax & Trusts Senior - Accountancy Practice - Milton Keynes - Salary c.£35,000 - Perm role (Part/full time)
Your new company
This new and exciting opportunity within a Top 50 chartered accountancy practice based in Milton Keynes, for a Tax and Trusts Senior is perfect for an individual with personal tax and trust tax experience. The role has arisen due to business demand and will provide a thorough grounding in trust/estate tax matters.
Your new role
- Obtaining and managing the collation of client's tax data for tax returns, either direct from clients or via third parties.
- Preparation of those self-assessment returns and repayment claims.
- Handling routine client administration including (but not limited to) client account transactions, cash flow management, trust distributions, investment transactions, preparation of correspondence, billing and file administration and maintenance of the HMRC trust register.
- Preparing and updating annual trust accounts, writing explanatory covering letters and arranging trustee meetings.
- Preparing and updating estate accounts for existing and new estate clients, corresponding with the Personal Representatives or solicitors to obtain information, and the upkeep of records.
- Preparation of trust and/or estate tax returns.
- Assisting with advisory matters and correspondence and ad-hoc assignments in connection with the client's affairs - incorporating inheritance tax, income tax and capital gains tax.
- Liaising with the practice partners directly, as the case suits.
- Responsibility for a mixed portfolio of personal tax clients (including HNWIs, sole-traders and partnerships)
- Must be technically competent in dealing with all aspects of income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax;
- Ad-hoc assignments in connection with the client's affairs - incorporating inheritance tax, income tax and capital gains tax;
- Must be able to prioritise and organise own work to ensure consistently high standard of client care and to meet Revenue deadlines - working without supervision and to show initiative in dealing with clients' affairs;
- Responsible for monitoring own time budgets and chargeability.
What you'll need to succeed
- This role is developing and requires a flexible positive and willing attitude. It will suit someone willing to accept a wide range of work who is willing to deal with mundane while having the ability to step up to more demanding tasks as and when required.
- Experience in estate accounts, trust accounts, estate & trust tax returns, Inheritance Tax work.
- Ideally some experience of preparation of returns for non-UK domiciliaries and ad hoc personal tax assignments.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- The Senior will have good organisational skills and will be required to organise his/her own work to ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Good computer skills including a sound knowledge of Word & Excel are required.
- The suitable candidate is likely to have a minimum of 2-3 years private client tax experience.
- Ideally ATT qualified or working towards an accountancy qualification, with an interest in going on to study for CTA or STEP. Alternatively, qualified by experience if appropriate competence can be demonstrated.
What you'll get in return
- Salary c.£35,000 although flexible for the right candidate.
- Occupational pension scheme
- Further professional support available for technical qualifications.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.