Blackwaters are recruiting:
Established, respected Independent Chartered Accountancy Practice with one of the largest tax teams in Surrey, seek a Tax Senior (Personal / Mixed).
The firm is a General practice, full-service firm with a huge variety of clients from Corporate Groups to HNW individuals & SME / OMBs. The tax team is known for it's stability & length of staff tenure.
Known as a friendly and sociable firm. Offices are close lovely green areas, with benches & walkways running alongside the river. Based in the centre of this beautiful town, with its castle, cobbled streets, restaurants, bars and coffee shops.
Reporting to: Tax Manager / Tax Partner
Main objective: to be responsible for a portfolio of personal and business tax clients
Duties and responsibilities:
1) Full portfolio management and acting as the primary contact for clients, dealing with ad-hoc technical issues as they arise and spotting any planning opportunities relevant to the client
2) Preparation of P11ds, PSAs and other end of year returns
3) Assisting managers and partners with ad hoc planning and advisory projects
4) Reviewing tax work of more junior team members and assisting with technical queries from the team as they arise
5) Dealing with HMRC enquiries for individuals
6) Dealing with all types of taxes as required i.e. Capital gains tax, Inheritance tax, National Insurance, Corporation Tax, Capital allowances, Income Tax, Trust taxation, Employee taxation, Overseas issues and minor VAT issues
7) Contribute to the identification of technical areas and changes to legislation that are relevant to the Tax Dep't & also to the accounts and audit department, as required. Identifying particular areas to be brought to clients' attention.
·CTA / ATT preferred. Other relevant experience will be considered.
·Experience with Inheritance tax and trust related matters to include preparation of trust tax returns
·Experience with basic corporation tax matters
The successful candidate will be responsible for their own portfolio of clients, as well as supporting other members of our 10-strong tax team. Expected to work without need for constant supervision and to show initiative in dealing with clients’ affairs.
Holiday 20 days per annum, this increases following 5 years, by 1 day each year up to 25 days
Flexi-time can be accrued up to a maximum of 5 days
Commission incentives for introducing new business and employees to the firm
- Life Assurance (4 X annual salary) - Private Medical Insurance (PMI) is free for employees, with an option to add family/partner/child (not via salary sacrifice). PMI includes Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- "Free" car parking Flexible benefits package (with salary sacrifice):
- Additional holiday purchase scheme - up to 5 days
- Pension contribution (auto enrolment through Scottish Widows GPP)
- Childcare vouchers (join up until April 2018, then continue to order vouchers beyond 2018)
Blackwaters contact: Mark Noades
- Corporation Tax
- Tax Returns
- Personal Tax